Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had either hound growl at me. But last night when I walked past Digger, while he was on the couch, I thought he growled at me. :eek: I turned around, and he did it again, but this time I could actually hear him groan. His tail was wagging like crazy this time. :lol: :lol: I reached down and gave him a hug, and he groaned again. Later when we went to bed, he plopped down next to me, and let out a big groan.
He use to whine a little, now I think he learned to groan for attention. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Moosie uses groans and whines! Not to mention the sit up and beg stance. He begs for everything from treats to going outside. :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Moosie uses groans and whines! Not to mention the sit up and beg stance. He begs for everything from treats to going outside. :p

·
Registered
773 Posts
Charlie is a groaner, too, and there have been times when I did a double take, thinking I heard a growl. The tail always gave him away though :lol: ......

·
Registered
714 Posts
The 'sleepy growly grumbly groan'? Dudley has that down to an artform. It never fails to put a smile on my face! :lol:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Once, Lightning actually sat up from a dead sleep and let out the most frightening growl. A growling basset is twice as scary as, say, a growling rottweiler, because bassets just don't ever get that upset! It really frightened me, until I realized HE WAS STILL ASLEEP! It was the funniest thing. But he has quite a vocabulary of odd noises too. Just the other day I was wishing I had a tape recorder to capture some of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've taken to calling our Basset "Chewbacca" because the groans and noises she makes sound exactly like that (and my husband loves Star Wars)!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love the sighs/groans that maggie lets out. It's always when she's relaxing. She lets out these "poor me I have such a hard life" sighs and groans that can sometimes go on for 10 seconds straight. I can't help but laugh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts