Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waking with Monty yesterday and we came across a female basset. :blink: it was so cute since we got him he has never seen another basset he usually plays with jack russels and poodles and so on, but yesterday was soooo different he will get excited about other dogs while walking but will realise " I can't play now have to walk" but the moment he saw her his whole face lit up ears upright tail wagging HE WAS GAGGA for her. So i let them play awhile and when we had to leave he was sooo depressed!!!! he sat infront of the gate wanting to go back to her for quite awhile. PUPPY LOVE IT IS SO SWEET!!!!!!!!! :lol: Hope we will have an oppertunity again for them to play! :)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Believe it or not, Ruby's first "love" was a toy poodle the size of her head when we first moved from Bassetchusetts to Florida. We rented while looking for a house and the first time "Bijou" saw Ruby, he got out of his harness and literally flew across a very long expanse of yard, around a man made lake with a water fountain and came up to Ruby to rub noses. It was hilarious! His "mom" and I became fast friends and Ruby and Bijou would just cuddle the second they'd see each other daily.

To this day, if I say, "Bijou", Ruby will run all over the place looking for him and it's been 4 years since they've seen each other. And when she sees another white poodle, she gets excited.

Janice and Ruby, "where's my boyfriend!"

·
Registered
608 Posts
Know what you mean!!!! Toby meets a female basset at the park and he WON'T leave her alone. The problem is though that she doesn't want to play with him, at least not more than a couple of minutes. He barks his head off at her as he loves chasing dogs and wants her to run. I have came to the conclusion that she likes chasing dogs too. So it's 'stale-mate' with these two.

He does however LOVE chasing pointers, weinerammers(sp) etc, but I've noticed that he rarely plays with dogs his own age, ( he'll be six in September)always between the 9 to 18month mark and after that they seem to grow out of him :( Just as well it's a really popular park for dogs as there are always other victims to take their place. :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lightning is the object of a Jack Russell's obsessive affection. I came home one day to find Larry (the J.R.) humping away at Lightning's leg. The dog was so small I thought Lightning had a rag or something stuck to him. Larry's owners are appalled that their magnificent stud plays for the other team (not that there's anything wrong with that). Larry is so small that he can't do any real damage, but Lightning gets tired of it. Luckily Lightning is not prone to aggression, and when he's had enough he'll just bark at Larry. In addition, Larry is used to dog doors, so he just trots into my house whenever he comes to visit. At first I thought all this was funny, but now I'm as tired of it as Lightning is. Sadly, Kentucky has no doggie stalker laws.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My Lily had a thing for a golden retriever named Mojo. Mojo on the other hand could care less about Lily.

Poor Lightening, that would be annoying to have a doggie stalker.

~Heather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts