Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've kind of jumped in around here. My name is Melissa, and my baby is Bowser. We also have a rescue beagle named Daisy. (Nintendo anyone? :) I knew i wanted a puppy, and since my parents used to breed beagles when i was little i thought....another beagle! But then my husband started looking up basset hounds....he's totally the kind who wants to rescue greyhounds, or get a saluki..he loves those big sleek dogs. But he said a basset would be perfect for me because they're like a living muppet *lol* and....he was right! My little Bowser is the goofiest, cutest, most wonderful little guy ever and i love him sooo much!
I got him when he was 6 weeks old..a day less actually. I kind of harrassed the breeder to let me have him asap! He was sooo needy. He was so little, and he had worms, and ear mites, and ear infection, and fleas...and just recently we found he has had mange the whole time, and he's showing signs of panosteitis. But, i got him some good food, love, and lots of medicine. He's still the most cute thing ever created! : )

Okay, so anyway, my point is....i'm in love with bassets now! i've been through a lot of hard things this year and i couldn't have made it through without my droopy little loving puppy. I've never been around an animal who's so loving and cute.
He won't even eat breakfast in the morning without coming to cuddle me for a few minutes first...adorable!

ANyway, we have to wait to get another one until we have a house, and more room. We're hoping we can adopt one then.
So, there's me, and a bit about bowser. I have lots of pics of him up. I love seeing all of your bassets too...i sit here and go "aww, look at this one!!" to my husband every time i come on here : )

Nice ta meet'cha!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Jaleely!

Welcome to the wonderful world of hound slavery! So happy he has found a good home, and I have to ask. What kind of breeder did you adopt (rescue) him from? Sounds like he had it rough and the breeder either doesn't care or doesn't know what he/she is doing, or both. Anyhow, good to know he's at a loving home! Ton's of welcoming slobber and drool from Lollypop!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Welcome, Melissa and Bowser, and Daisy, of course (we'll make her an honorary Basset).

Poor Bowser, what a start in life. I'm glad he found a good home where he's loved and no doubt, spoiled :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts