Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these tonight, playing our usual game of hide and 'no' seek– y'gotta remember that Opus is bind, so he 'hears' vibrations. I stamp my foot and he leaps and barks! He LOVES this game, and it finishes with some serious cheese. :) Have a great weekend guys, this might be our last together, ( his hips have started to go) but I am hoping not..

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thank you, he really is. He is 15 now and we've had to talk with our vet about his immediate future. We are conscious of his general health and his mental failings, but every morning he comes into my bedroom to say hello, and he still loves 'bouncy games' like tonight's silliness. So Andrew and I feel it is important to let him just take his pleasure. We love this old guy with all our hearts, so these days- and memories- are so important to us.

·
Registered
767 Posts
What a great boy and sure seems happy. Hopefully you can have more great times together.

·
Registered
633 Posts
It's so great how dogs with disablities don't even notice they have them and are still as happy as can e. Here's to hoping you have more weekends with Opus.

·
Registered
437 Posts
What a beautiful boy...it looks like he is just laughing right along.....how sweet....Hugs to you both.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Thanks for sharing ur happy weekend w/us, Opus. Melikes ur earz too, and ya look like u r having fun n enjoying ur peeples!

Guess what? I'm young & I can neither dance nor sing like u! (peeples r still waiting for me to howl n sing).
--Worm

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll get there wormy! It helps to have people silly enough to jump around and get the ball rolling. :) Then once you start there's no going back.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Aww Opus! He looks very happy! Hoping you have more weekends with him. And Worm...my husband plays the harmonica which gets Doppler going. Virga will bark with me but won't howl yet. We're trying though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts