Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was only in the hospital one night, but from Tatsi's reaction to me, you'd think I was gone a month. I have to use the walker and Tats doesn't like it. She has been growling at it since she "met" it, lol. (I broke the tib and fib in 3 places..fell on black ice)
Anyway, I put a babygate up on our deck and sit outside and watch her. She even has a wee-wee pad out there and use's it!

We have had Tatsi a month and she is now 12 weeks old. Time flies when your cleaning pee and poop!
I just weighed her and she is 17 pds! She was only 7-8 when we got her. Is that normal?

Also, any advise for finding the "right" vet. It's been so long since I've had a dog. I've asked around and never get the same name. Is there anyplace on the web to see if a vet has had any complaints about them? I'm in NJ..Bergen Co. maybe someone from here knows of one.

If my daughter remembers to pick up the film, pictures to follow soon. :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Do you have a PetSmart or PetCo? Or maybe a rescue/no-kill shelter? Those would be good places to find animal lovers who would be able to recommend a vet. I chose ours because he's involved in the no-kill shelter and donates his time to it -- a great deal of his time -- and because everyone else involved in that project RAVES about him.

Tatsi will get used to the walker, too. It's new and strange and therefore she hates it. Bassets sort of have that tendency. CHANGE???!!! NO!!! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valerie what a wonderful idea! Must be the painkiller that are clouding my mind..or old age!
We have a Petco in town, and Sunday they bringin dogs to be resued. I am sure they will know all of the "good vets"
Tatsi needs her last set of shots and we want to get her fixed, and of course we have a thousand questions for thepoor vet!
As for Tatsi and the walker, they still haven;t made friends! It keeps her out from under my feet when I have to walk! And for a dog that small, almost 13 weeks ( Weds.) she has a very loud bark!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great idea about asking rescue organizations. You also want to make sure the staff are pet lovers too. Good vet techs are at ease with animals and are careing with their touch and words. Those are the people who will be caring for your pet if they have to stay the night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I start doing cartwheels, someone call my orthropedic..please.
We are so glad that we found this site. I've learned more things from here, compared to a book.
Thanks again,
You'll hear alot more uof us,
Tatsi and her"other mom" ;) Sue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts