Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not every night now, but I still dream about her.

Those who know me well, know that I *always* have weird dreams...

Most of the dreams have to do with Ruby speaking english and us talking to each other. The one last night was one I have had before...that she was my driver...and she wore a hat and was taking me to my doc appt.

What's funny about this is...well it's funny for one to think of her chauffering me around...but the other funny thing is that she was calling me 'little mommy' like I called her little Ruby.

(the 'little' was stated as endearment as well as her being the runt of 10)

Janice

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That's awesome! I wish Stomps would come talk to me in my dreams. I'd love to hear what he'd say. For some reason I imagine he would have a British accent.

I hope you enjoy these dreams. If you can't have the real thing, at least you have entertaining dreams.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Awww...I imagine it would bring mixed feelings, dreaming about your Little Ruby.

I always hear people saying that they dreamed about their doggies who have gone to the bridge. Since Scully passed away, I have never had a dream about her. I wonder what that means!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had a nightmare the first few months we brought Rosco home, that for some reason we went skydiving with him, and the people forgot to put a pull string on his chute. It was a pretty crummy dream. I'm sure if he could talk in my dreams he would emphasize the need for more toys, food, and belly rubs.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've always had dreams about my pets who are no longer with me. My husband has recurring dreams about our black and white cat Ben who died 6 years ago at age 4. He loved that cat so much - we both did. I told him that some people (myself included) believe that when you dream about someone you've lost (person or pet), they are actually coming to visit you. It made him feel better. Now he tells me "Benny visited me in my dream last night."

However, that's a very interesting dream ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like to think of it that way as well that they are coming to visit you in your dreams. I've heard it said that way before as well. I used to dream of Savana often after she died. I've had dreams of her in recent years where she and our current dogs were all there. I remember one where I woke up in tears... she was there at a cabin we used to go to when I was a child (although I can't remember this exact cabin but a similar place). We went up with family for a vacation with our current dogs and Savana was there to meet us, like she had been waiting for us there. I remember her being able to talk in my dream that time and me crying when we had to leave saying... I don't want to leave because I'll be losing you again, she said she couldn't come but that she'd always be there whenever we came to visit. It was a happy and sad dream all at the same time.

·
Registered
972 Posts
oh my gosh that's really sweet. Some of these dreams are sad though! I still dream of the dogs we had when i was a kid. Mostly about the boy beagle Sonny who was like my brother that we got when i was two : )
he's never talked though.
However recently i do keep dreaming that we get ANOTHER basset..hehe.
Some of the dreams i've had with bowser lately are ones where he kind of switches back and forth between being a puppy again, and being my ACTUAL baby LOL this one dream i was in the mall walking him around, and then i had to pick him up....when i did that he sort of became my little toddler, and people kept saying "what a strange, but cute, kid you have!"

My husband does voices for both our dogs now, so they usually don't need to talk in dreams much Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts