Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyone around here fed their puppies? My Sadie was six months old yesterday. She has a wheat allergy and I have been feeding her Chicken Soup For the Soul Puppy formula for three weeks now and she seems to be thriving on it. I was wondering about all life stages formulas though. Do they have enough calcium for a growing bassett hound? When is the best time to go to an ALS food? I am going to change her to Taste of The Wild Prarie when she is ready for it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was just wondering what everyone around here fed their puppies? My Sadie was six months old yesterday.[/b]
Nikki,

PERSONAL OPINION FOLLOWS :rolleyes: I'm one of those who doesn't feed puppy food. I put my pups on adult food as soon as I get them home. Any high quality food will do. I don't add additional supplements and I don't try to push growth. I do think there's somethng to the "no corn for Bassets" theory, though. As long as I stick to the corn free food my guys have great smelling coats. Right now I feed Natural Balance and Blue Buffalo, switching every other bag or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts