Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to th groomers today. I got my back toe caught on the crate there and bled like a stuck pig. THe nail was cracked all the way up into the footbed. OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! So she human hadda go meet the petco girls up there at the ER. It broke way up high and they hadda do surgery to fix it. I'm all dizzy and cannot walk--they say merlot and email don't mix so I'm gonna keep this short. They say I'm gonna be ok. I just cant walk in this stoopid bandage... but it has hearts on it. :)

I hate the grommers

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh Ester --Poor Baby! It must really hurt. I'm ouching for you as I write. I know how you must feel about the groomer who let that happen. I'm glad they took you to the vet right away and feel sorry for your Mommy who was probably scared too when they called.
I went for a spa today too. My Mom won't let them put me in a crate at the groomers and the Groomer Mary keeps me with her at all times. i love Mary. Its called an Express Service (at Petsmart) and Mom just pays a little bit more ($14) for me to be out of the crate with Mary. It took me only an hour so I like that too. Well enough about me....
Esther your vet person must think you are a pretty special girl to give you a bandage with hearts on it. They must know you are a special girl who has a Big owwy. Hope Mom gives you some good treats tonight (cheese, carrots, BACON) and some ice cubes. Ya can't put it on your toe but they are sure good to crunch on. Hope Mommy lets you sleep in the big bed tonight.
Oh yeah Mommy said that happened to her and it HURTS HURTS HURTS and you have to be brave.
Have a good sleep buddy and you will feel a wee bit better tommorow.
Big Slobbers from your friend Paisley aka Pais

·
Registered
761 Posts
Poor Esther! We usually only get our dogs toenails clipped. They're never had to stay for very long at all. I'm glad the groomer ladies took you to the vet though. I'll bet your momma was very very scared when she got that call. I'm very sorry you've got a big owwy but the bandage with hearts on it has to make you feel a smidgen better right? And just limp around and look at momma with those big brown eyes and you'll have her eating out of your paw. Or you eating tasty treats from her hand as the case may be. :lol: Good luck and I hope you feel better Miss Esther!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Awww, poor Esther! I hope you feel better soon, and make sure your momma gives you lots of loves and scritches and treats.

Love and drool,
Boomer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh poor Esther, I hope you feel mo' betta soon! Give your humans that sad puppy face and I bet they'll let you on the sofas and give you extra treats. And c'mon over if you've got leftover merlot! ;)

One time, my human took me to the vet to get my toenails trimmed... I was so mad and scurred when it was over that I bolted off as soon as we got out the door and pulled my human right off her feet and onto her face. Her knees met the sidewalk and her chin met the asphalt. She yelled at me a lot but I know she didn't mean it, she was just hurtin'. That'll teach her not to make me get my nails trimmed!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Awww poor baby Esther. No one likes going to the vet, especially unexpectedly. Glad you're ok though. Molly and Winston are willing to share their peanut butter and Pupperonis with you so that you'll feel better.

Love and drool coming your way!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Esther! You poor thing!!! Definitely milk this thing and get you a TON of treats and belly rubs!!!

We hope you feel better soon ;)

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
OH - you poor thing - I'm with Annie - Milk it for all it's worth. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Jen~

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You're definitely rockin' that bandage, Esther! Try holding that paw up when you are hobbling around...add in some sad, droopy basset eyes. You'll get so many treats and scratches!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Poor baby. Gandy got a nail caught the other day coming in from the patio, not that bad though. It didn't seem to hurt him, but bled like crazy. He ran all over the house, and it ended up looking like a scene from a slasher movie. Glad we don't have carpet.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi Esther: Just wondering how your toe is. Hope its not as ouchy as last night and that you are feeling much better. Remember to put your paws up and let your humans feed you your treats (pretend you are Cleopatra -- but eat bacon and cheese but no grapes).
We just saw a mink running on our shoreline with a dead chipmunk in his mouth. Hmmm no wonder we don't see any munks anymore. Mom says I'm to stop sniffing around the shore in case the mink bites my nose. Now that would hurt. Mom looked up minks and they eat birds too. How big a mink would it take to eat those pesky Canada Geese that poop on our lawn??? Hmmm .... I wonder.........guess I wouln't want to meet one that big.
Be better soon ..... Pais

·
Registered
209 Posts
Poor Esther, healing drool slung your way.......ouchy, Rest up pretty girl :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dad called me, "stumpy," last night.
I showed him. I wriggled out of my bandage last night.

this morning they kept spelling something
V

E

T

hmmmm... wonder whats going on...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh Esther...VET means follow-up, if nothing else. Gotta make sure you're healing correctly. Maybe they'll give you treats while you're there!

Yes, don't wiggle out of the bandage...and definitely DON'T BITE AT IT. That means the Cone of Shame for sure! Be a good girl, Esther :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts