Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to drop by and say thanks to everyone for caring so much about Rudolph that basset from House of Puddles. He has been here on the farm since Thursday the 3rd and starting to fit right in. LOL We've had a few issues but nothing major. He did get a chicken his second day here. He just grabbed a mouth full of feathers, but it scared the poor chicken so bad, it went off and had a heart attack! We had a little talking to him and he went in time out for a bit, but after that he hasn't even looked at the chickens. He does like the rabbit thats in the yard though! :lol:

We have been working on a little training and he has been getting the "sit" command down pretty good. I'm hoping he will start a basic training course at Petsmart soon. He has a vet appointment this coming Thursday for another round of the heartworm treatment. I plan to ask the vet then when they think he can start.

He is now Rudolph the original redncek basset!

He doesn't like to clean house too much though I did have him dust the floors!~

He loves walking on the lease!

He's just becoming a regular shining star!

Gail and Rudolph!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Gail,

Thank you so much for updating us on Rudolf. Many of us have been concerned about him. I am so glad that all is working out. This boy deserves to have it good finally.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Welcome! It is really great to see that Rudolph has found a good home with your family. He looks very happy in the pictures. I love the "cleaning" picture! :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gail,
Many thanks for posting to the forum. I think the best thing you could have done is give the little guy a home! That's hilarious about the chicken and the heart attack (I'm assuming you didn't do a heart bypass surgery). I've been thinking seriously about getting a brother for my 7 month old, Jesse and instead of scouring the newspapers for puppies, I'm real close to adopting from Suncoast Basset Rescue. It's encouragement like this that gives happy homes to our floppers.

Quoting Cesar Milan, "I'll give up on a human, but I'll never give up on a dog."

Blessings,
Troye

P.S. We've also got to give many thanks to Vision for creating awareness of Rudolph's sicheashun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congratulations. I like to believe there is a perfect home for every basset. Sometimes it takes a few tries before it is found. Rudolph appears to be happy and fitting in quite well. How did you manage to get him to do chores so soon? Mine swear their job is to bring things back to the proper comfort level after I cleaned (messed) them up.

I hope that Vision finds the perfect canine companion for his lifestyle soon. I also hope that it is a basset because I truly believe they are one of the most loving breeds out there, but any rescue dog that finds a good home is a lucky dog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts