Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my DC 17 Dyson Animal from Sears. This thing is awesome! It is quite heavy so I'm glad I don't have stairs. I used my old vacuum late yesterday and STILL this is what the Dyson picked up today!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Oreck burned out. I was really disappointed in it?? I hope the Dyson lives up to it's reputation! Time will tell???

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I've had my Dyson for a couple of years now, and knock on wood it works just as well as the day I got it. I love it. I don't use it nearly as much as I should, but seeing that canister fill up is the best feeling!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is this some kind of a moon rocket for amateurs?
It sure looks powerful!
--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>
[/b]
yep! i think it was invented in Germany. or somewhere near there. costs almost as much as a Basset !

·
Registered
360 Posts
Someone just told me about this thing last week!!! She actually brought it to my salon to show me how well it works, knowing I have the Bassets. I'm glad to hear more good things about it. I think it's next in line, as soon as the incredible Hoover Wind Tunnel blows out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My Oreck burned out in less than 5 years. The hair clogged it up all the time. It was light but the suction sucked ;) I'd love to have a Dyson but can't yet. I see alot of reserviced Dysons do they break down quite a bit?

·
Registered
225 Posts
:blink: Ooooooooo :blink:
It's a space shuttle!! Get me one of those and all my boyhood dreams will have 'come true.
I'm sure there is a way put something inside it to make it launch. Oh such fun we could have
the vacuum and I.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We have a light weight hepa Dirt Devil and not only was it el cheapo, and light weight, but picks up fur better than anything we've ever used. Stores very easily too. We've had it over 10 years and it's still going strong!!! Easy to clean the canister too.

Janice[/b]
But does it look like a space rocket??
Who cares about vacuuming as long as the thing looks like it could take you to the next galaxy :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
:rolleyes: Well I bought the Dyson <G> spaceship 2 years ago. I got the one with animal hair attachment . It is very heavy. It has never clogged, no problems. At the time I bought mine it was around $600.00. It must a lot less now. Tummy Boy's Mom. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm sure there is a way put something inside it to make it launch. Oh such fun we could have
the vacuum and I.[/b]
Kaira, this just cracked me up! :lol:

We don't have a Dyson, but I've heard mixed opinions about them. I have the worst luck in the world with vacuum cleaners, gone through a bunch in the last 20 years... :angry:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've heard both good and bad about the Dyson. I got a Kenmore a few years ago, Consumer Reports gave it the highest rating. After my Kirby, anything would have been a welcome relief, but I must say that this little machine is my best friend! I paid $300 for it on sale, and when it goes, I'm getting another one......

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just picked up my DC 17 Dyson Animal from Sears. This thing is awesome! It is quite heavy so I'm glad I don't have stairs. I used my old vacuum late yesterday and STILL this is what the Dyson picked up today!

[/b]
I want both the vaccum cleaner and the tile that is on your kitchen floor. I'm in the process of pulling up the carpet in my kitchen, den, and living room.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I LOVE the Dyson but HATE DESPISE my tile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: The color shows EVERY single dark dog hair! Also, I didn't realize it's not glazed so it's a matte finish. I have huge tall windows in my house which means I get tons of light. EVERY drool mark shows when the sun hits the floor. Just like a glass with water stains when it comes out of the dishwasher. I would LOVE LOVE to rip up the tile and replace it with something different. Unfortunately our house is only 3 years old and we tiled 80% of it with this stuff. I learned never to get that kind of tile again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah, we got our Dyson Animal for our wedding last year - and I don't know how we lived without it. I'm regularly amazed by how much it continues to pick-up and can't believe that Jasmine can possibly have any hair left, with all that it continually sucks up out of my carpets!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I LOVE the Dyson but HATE DESPISE my tile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: The color shows EVERY single dark dog hair! Also, I didn't realize it's not glazed so it's a matte finish. I have huge tall windows in my house which means I get tons of light. EVERY drool mark shows when the sun hits the floor. Just like a glass with water stains when it comes out of the dishwasher. I would LOVE LOVE to rip up the tile and replace it with something different. Unfortunately our house is only 3 years old and we tiled 80% of it with this stuff. I learned never to get that kind of tile again.[/b]
Wow, I'm glad you told me that. It looks so nice. I hate that you are having so much trouble with it. Fred isn't a heavy drooler, but his dog hair showing up would be a problem for me. I'm glad you told me this, because I'm in the process of getting tile done and I'm trying to get ideas. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the dyson. I plan to get one later this year.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts