Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about one that is 37"L x 24.5"W x 28"H

The mommy is not that big maybe 35lbs. I can only imagine that the daddy is much bigger as bessi seems to be bigger boned than her sissy.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another option I have is getting one large crate (either 42" or 48" long) and using it for both dogs. I read that Midwest makes a crate that you can divide in half and it opens on both ends so you can store more than one dog.

Thougths??

I do not want to mess this up as it looks like it is going to be around $150 or more no matter what choice I make.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
depends on the dog Macey is over 50# and not a small female by any mean but perfers the smaller 30" crates to the larger ones. Toughy who was about the same size need a 42" or longer cause he liked to streach out Macey does not. My harrier that is just shy of 50 lb absolute favorite crate is the beagle crate approx 12x18x 18 he stuff himself in there tighter than 20 college students in a phone booth Contrarry to many insituting humane law many dogs want a crate that fits them tightly the feel more secure so Bigger is not always better. The problem is it is very difficult to predict what a puppy is going to prefer as an adult. Make your best quess and be prepared to adjust if need be when the dog gets older.

As always, great points!

I guess that is why we have craigslist!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.