Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to drop Max off at the vets this morning so they can redo his surgery and take the other testicle like they should of the first time around. I feel so bad that Max has to go through this all over again. We haven't been able to feed him since 10:00 last night and not getting any dog food doesn't seem to be bothering him, but not being able to have his treats after coming in from outside or being able to share my breakfast with me is really bothering him. I feel so bad for him because he doesn't understand why I won't give him a treat or share my food with him. I didn't give any of the dogs a treat because I would of really felt even worse if I had given the other two one and not him and the other two don't seemed near as bothered by it as Max is. He loves his food and his treats, sometimes Lita and Sadie can be picky and will snub their nose at certain treats but not Max, he will eat everything and anything you give him. He is laying on the kitchen rug right now with his head down and just looks so sad, I know they look sad to begin with but he really looks sad right now. I'll be glad when it's all over with and he's back home again. He doesn't do very good around people he doesn't know, he is going to be terrible when I have to give him to the girl to take to the back, it's going to break my heart. When I took him to the vet on Friday he wouldn't leave my side and of course if anybody tried to come pet him he would hide behind my legs, he is so skittish of people he doesn't know, he's going to think I abandoned him. First I won't feed him anything including his treats then I just leave him at a strange place with strangers. Like I said I will be glad when it's over and he's back home again.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Poor Max! Too bad he has to go thru this again! I know you feel awful! Hope the vet can give you a very good explanation for why this happened. <_< Max needs to get special treats after all this! He's such a sweetie.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I very much feel for Max, poor fella shouldn't have to go through that twice.

Have you considered looking for a new vet, your current one doesn't sound so hot.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Lots of drool for you & Max! Poor guy - it's bad enough to go through once let alone twice!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Poor Max! :( Baxter is the same way with strangers. He starts obedience school next Saturday and I'm hoping that the socialization helps bring him out of his shell more. I think you just have to feel so much worse about Bassets, since they do look so sad........it just breaks my heart.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Poor Max! I hope the surgery goes well and he get to come home quickly. Hang in there, Max, Bogie is sending lots of healing drool!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts