Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baxter is housebroken. Baxter has been housebroken for years but latley (Christmas and just last week) when my parents come over and they bring their dogs with them he urinates and exprsses his bowel movements in the house. At christmas time knew it was not a health problem because it stopped as soon as they left. At christmas time my mom brought two of her dogs one male, one female and we thought it was territorial (marking) because of the male dog, and I asked my parents to leave Oliver at home the next time they came over. We thought most of the urination was from him. I knew it was not all of his because Baxter eliminated his feces. (Oliver and Chloe are pekinese) Fast foward to this past week, my parents stayed for a week becuase we were out of town and they had to bring Chloe (she is very frail) and Baxter eliminated right in front of my father! He was at the vet just two days before and had a clean bill of health, so it is not due to an infection. I really don't know what to do especially now that they are gone. I put him back in his crate after he eliminated feces on the rug and scolded him. (We have not used a crate for at least two years) He knows he is doing something unacceptable because he was skulking around the house. We use a bell and he always rings it to go outside and do his business. (Even in the rain) He never has accidents and I am afraid this pattern is going to continue everytime my parents come over, with or with out their dogs :confused: . I am getting ready to have all of the carpets cleaned but am nervous about the spots Oliver eliminated on. Now that we are back home there have not been any incidents of this behavior. Sorry to go on but what do I do?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Even though Oliver wasn't there this time, I would not rule out that it is a territoral thing. Although I have not experience anything but urination in marking cases that I have had with my dogs, but not to say it can't be the other as well. Are there any other signs of dominance over or towards Chloe? Could be part of a bigger picture.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, we have to keep those two under careful eye at all times. They have never liked eachother. Ever. When they get into it it is pretty bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts