Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to agree with bubbad it is not oscars fault Bassets are a special breed that only real need is to be loved and treated as part of the family it's never to late to crate train or train in general Please give it a try i'd hate to see another dog end up at a rescue try the crate and just remember that training takes time you can't fix these issues over night treat a basset like you do your son and WOW you would be amazed all dogs need a purpose they want a purpose and some just want to be there for you my father told me this when i was 12 years old learning to train dog " No matter what you do in life your only going to get out of it what you put into it " don't give up on oscar and he won't give up on you trust Please

·
Registered
5 Posts
at 10 months oscar should be sleeping through the night try the crate either in your room or somewhere in the house that feels comfortable for him let him play and get use to it throught the day the first few night he may cry for a while but as long as he has relieved himself prior to going to bed and has an empty bladder you know he doesn't need to go out let him cry and in the morning take him out asap and use lots and lots of praise eventually he will love his crate bassets are strong willed but mean well

·
Registered
5 Posts
my lil girl will be 8 yrs Nov.25th and to this day she refuses to play with toys all she ever once is attn. i now have an 9 1/2 month old english mastiff and sometimes i wonder who is the puppy he will go outside and do his business as soon as he goes out she will not go unless you turn your back go inside or scratch her belly annoying yes at times but i know that that is just her personality house training was the hardest thing to teach her

1 - 5 of 5 Posts