Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I am going to my very first Bassetfest....I can't wait..It is on Sept 17th and mom is taking a day off work to go. There will be contests like Wwormy had plus I get to meets lots of new friends. It is in Delaware Ohio at companion dog park from 11a-4p. I promise that I will take lots of pictures (well I will have my folks take them) and I hope to see some of my bassetnet buddies there too..it is for Ohio Basset rescue and even though I wasn't a rescue, ma says I rescue her so we wants to help out other bassets rescue peoples too....

wish me luck guys

Your bratpack member
Woodrow Hayes (Woody)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Oh, that's awesome! I wish we had something like that around here. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hope you have a blast!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Clifford came from Ohio Basset Rescue & I'm thinking of attending the Bassetfest too. I have to wait & see until it gets closer to decide for sure. I have some other stuff going on then & it's a 2+ hour drive for us. If we attend, we'll have to look each other up. :)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Woody, how exciting!! yeah, melikes these basset conventions. they r lotsa fun. i never seen so many bassets before.

can't wait to hear all about it, and all the frenz u make. mewishes i was in delaware, ohio, too, though methinks that's an oxymoron of a place.
--hi five, Worm

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wworm,
I will definately keep you posted with Picts my man....hoping I can bring a trophy home like you did..

Amy and Clifford....we sure hope you come....we would love to meet...I will be the one in the Buckeyes jersey and hat (My ma and dad says we have to wear our team colors being that close to Columbus)...

:p`Woody Hayes

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
You’re going to have a blast! Do you have an outfit to wear? I miss going to the Waddle here. We picked up Lucy from the location the waddle is at – so every year we went after we got her she turned into such a nervous wreck afraid we were leaving her there, that we just decided that it’s not worth her stress level getting so high to go anymore when you can’t enjoy it spending all our time trying to keep her calm. The last year we went there was over 1,000 bassets waddling to raise monies for the rescue. It was two days of bassets, games, food, basset goodies to buy and did I say bassets?

Have a great time – looking forward to all the great photos you’ll be getting.

Jen~

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jen,
This is our first time going...Woody Hayes was not a rescue (like I say, he rescues me) so I don't think there will be any anxiety for him....I am excited to see all the Bassets and raise money for Ohio Basset Rescue....the people that run it (as I am sure most all rescues) just seem like wonderful people and we are so blessed with our boy that we just want to help out as much as we can.....

And yes, Woody has a costume of sorts....I bought him his own Ohio State Buckeyes jersey and cap......being that close to Columbus and it will be a football Saturday, that it would be the most appropriate thing to wear (in fact our whole family will be matching):D

We will definately keep everyone posted

Kristi and Woody

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Woody-- i don't have a team so i'll route for yours, go Ohio State Buckeyes! take a pic in ur outfit, k? betcha look great in it.

also, i'll give u a pointer about the competitions: figure out what you're going to enter & get ur skillz going beforehand!!

when we did the swimmin' competition, i had no clue how to do it and wouldn't even get into the kiddie pool to start the competition. other bassets were very good at it, and we were guessing they trained for it ;) well, i trained for marathon napping daily... hee he, melikes to sleep! and if u enter a kissing contest, that's the best of all! u could practice ur kissing skillz every day until the big day...!
--your pal, Worm

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wwormy,
great advise buddy.....I did see one for a bobbing for hotdogs..."hey ma...through some a dem in my waterbowl will you....:p"...

Let's see how this works out....

~catch ya packs later
Woody Hayes:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been hoping to see a basset fest somewhere since we got Fred! This is great! A bit of a drive, but we got Fred from down that way, so I know he can handle the drive.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Woody, have lots of fun!! Wish I could be there, but I can't talk momma into driving that far, darn it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fred's dad,
Check out Ohio basset rescue website or facebook page for all the info plus directions so we will see you there.....:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts