1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who laughed when I did this to keep my hounds off my couch:

It didn't work. :roll:

So I came up with a new solution:

It works! The stay off the back of the couch now, but still have room to lay down.

And the best thing about it is they can be stored under the couch when not in use. You may applaud now... :D

Sandy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sandy - how ingenious of you! But you know, it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors! Be careful as there might be a black cat somewhere in your near future! :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Very nice--pretty umbrellas. We'll see who wins this one.....(betting on the hounds.
Sharon Hall :D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Sandy, You **are** a genius......we rid Ruby of the desire to be on the furniture (many years ago) by putting aluminum foil on the cushions. She hated the sound and feel and it scared her. We thought it was quite the fashion statement back then....but I think the umbrellas and diningroom chairs are even more fashionable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Practical.... and stylish!! Maybe we will start seeing umbrellas as decor on couches in all the home magazines! :wink:

I think whatever works... I shouldn't talk because I previously had no decor in the bottom 3 feet of my house. No throw pillows (José would ...um..."love" them too much), no papers or magazines, definitely no extra rolls of TP (THAT is a catastrophe!), no pens ( he confused those with bones). The good news is at 5 I think he finally grew up enough where we can leave a pen on the table... but still can't leave rolls of TP around or it looks like Christmastime.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments. :)

The umbrellas remained in place all night, and are still there with out any drool on them whatsoever. The dogs do NOT care for them. YES!!!

I think they look quite nice. Do you think Martha Stewart would be interested in my new decor? :D

Sandy

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm not sure Martha Stewart would go for your new decor, but it is a great idea. I'm betting once the fur kids get used to the unbrellas they'll nose them out of their way.
Bubba was the ultimate couch potato, and when he hurt his back and the vet said "no couches" here was our solution. It's one of those exercise pens. Worked great, we were the ones penned in however, when we watched TV. Bassets always win!!

Arooos from Bogie!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts