Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the path PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Peanut, Tarquin and I are battening down the hatches in Pasadena and getting ready! Winds are already gusting to over 50mph and it's not even on land for another 7 hours or so...

So everyone BE SAFE!

And it's Hurricane Ike...missed the e...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Be safe! We have been getting tons of rain much further inland. My dogs have expressed their discontent the last 24 hours... You would think we "turned" the rain on just to annoy them!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we made it thru with minimal damage thankfully! We lost power so we are now outside of Austin and my folks - finally have internet access. Peanut of course - SLEPT through the entire thing! Howling wind and all! Hope anyone else in it's path wherever you were made it thru ok!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I got caught in the middle of Ike--- left from the hunt about 1pm, north of Indianapolis. --- Ike was supposed to go north, I was headed south, then east on I-70 --- about 3 pm at Eaton, OH, I decided to get off the road, got gas and went to a motel --- power went out -- no gas or food available in the county --- wind was strong enough to push me down the parking lot (6'4" - 300+) -- not much fun

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got caught in the middle of Ike--- left from the hunt about 1pm, north of Indianapolis. --- Ike was supposed to go north, I was headed south, then east on I-70 --- about 3 pm at Eaton, OH, I decided to get off the road, got gas and went to a motel --- power went out -- no gas or food available in the county --- wind was strong enough to push me down the parking lot (6'4" - 300+) -- not much fun[/b]
Glad you're ok! A friend of mine lives in Hobart, indiana and she got flooded! Just got phone call - power is FINALLY back on!! We'll head home on Saturday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts