Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find collars like the ones everyone had at field trials that were designed for hunting/field. They slip off if hung up on anything and have a ring in the middle. I have found some at GI joes (a sports store) but they are way too big. I have not been able to find them on any online stores I've looked at. Anyone else know where to get them?

CTG

·
Registered
939 Posts
this is what i use 1 inch wide with the ring in the center(RIC). Sacandaga Dog Supply www.houndhunter.com they also allowed me to mix the length size to suit my needs.order was taken and shipped promptly.i would highly recommend them them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. The only ones I could find where 25 inch and way too big for my girls. That site gives lots of options. Another question, is there any way to find rabbit scent anywhere? Around here they only have duck/pheasant etc. I don't know if it will help or not but access to rabbits around where I live is very limited.
CTG

·
Registered
58 Posts
First, I do not like that type of collar. I have seen a basset go under some brush and the center ring got hungup on the brush. I use that type of collar, but no center ring.
There are several sources of rabbit scent, but dont bother. Not one of my field hounds pays any attention to the scents. Try searching for a local beagle club and you may be able to get some help training your hound

·
Registered
939 Posts
any collar can get hung up from time to time,but i know it wasn't one of your pathwalkers that got hung up was it Dean?LOL. hey what in the world is going on with the AHBA with the rules and all? i thought all changes were voted on at the worlds and had to be submitted in writing not over the internet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts