Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunt test held in NC --- Apple Country Muttley -- high scoring basset and high in trial

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Congrats to you and Muttley! :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Congratulations! Muttley looks like a sleek and muscular guy..He's very nice looking. How much does he weigh?

A

·
0 Posts
Way to go Muttley! See you in Carlisle? I'll be leaving Molly home and concentrating on "working" at the Hunt Test. Can you believe they actually asked me to be on the Committee? See what monster you have created Dean? Whoever would have thought that 6 yrs. after our first AHBA Hunt the party girl and movie star Basset from Long Island would be on the BHCA Hunt Test Committee and a triple titled hunting hound, respectively. I love it! Congratulations and take care all, Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Congratulations! And a handsome dude, too!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Muttley weighs about 50 lbs.Not a big basset, but a nice size for hunting.
Belinda, "created a monster" ?? You had a pretty good head start. I think you make a good choice for the committee, you know enough about hunting bassets and are not trapped in traditional field trial lore. You will be a big help. See you in Carlisle.
For the rest of you -- thanks and come on out to a hunt test and let your basset have some fun. Ask Belinda what happens when a basset learns to hunt.

·
Registered
239 Posts
So how different is this from an AHBA hunt? I was thinking about going. AKC registration required, right? That means only Harley Chick.

A

·
0 Posts
Alice, you should come! You can get an ILP# for Fred from the AKC and compete in all AKC and BHCA performance events. Go to the AKC website for the info. All you need is a neuter certificate from the vet and a picture. Molly is ILP registered even though her father is a breed Champion. I wanted it known that even well bred dogs wind up in rescue. The Hunt Test is similar to an AHBA Hunt except that the dogs go out either solo, brace or 2 coupled pack (4) and there is a test for gun shyness. The dogs are scored on how well they find, pursue and relocate rabbits. Even though they kick up a rabbit doesn't guarentee a passing score (well, that's the way it's supposed to be anyway). Molly has failed more times than she's passed. I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Carlisle. They charge a wopping $28.79 for a room! At least on non car show weekends. Hope to see you there! And thanks for the compliment Dean. Take care, Belinda. P.S. The rules for the Hunt Test are on the BHCA website.

[ March 30, 2005, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Belinda ]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks Belinda! Getting Fred that ILP# has been on my "to do" list for a long time. I'll work on it and see if it comes back on time.

I'll check out the info on BHCA site too. I'm not a member; hope that's not a problem. Maybe I can join on the spot.

What a great rate at the Motel 6. Hope to see you!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alice, Muttley needs to qualify in brace to earn the MHH title. He has already qualified in solo, and 2 couple pack. If you are interested, he and Harley Chick can enter as a brace.

A

·
0 Posts
Dean, how fast is Muttley? If I do bring Molly, she only has to enter as a brace for her MHH. I'll see what the vet says on Tuesday. Or maybe Candy?! Belinda.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sure Dean, we could try them together. I'm sure you'd have a better chance with Molly though! :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Belinda --- Muttley is not as dominant a hunter as Y. Lee, and the best match I have for Molly, unless Critter decides to start running consistently.
Alice, one hound out of the brace can qualify even if the other doesn't run. Muttley can enter for a qualifying run with Molly and non- qualifying with Harley Chick

·
Registered
239 Posts
OK, sounds like a plan! I made the reservation last night. $30 for a room, such a deal!

See you April 30.

A

·
0 Posts
Dean, what the hell happenned in N.C. that the committee is all a-flutter?!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts