Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past few weeks, the basset hound rescue I volunteer with (All Bassets Cherished Basset Rescue of New York) was contacted by midwestern rescues needing desperate help. The result: 34 bassets will be making their way to New York during the week after Thanksgiving. This is the biggest rescue through the midwest we've ever done.

Here are two of the pups - Olivia and Abraham.

For more information (and more pictures!) please check our blog at nybasset.blogspot.com

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks to both ABC & Hounds Haven for getting these dogs to safety. Sadly some of them are in bad shape.

Hounds Haven is asking for harnesses for these guys. If you have any you can send let me know and I'll send you their address or you can get it off the website.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17 of the dogs have arrived! Last night around midnight, we unloaded them all off the van. So far, the one batch is pretty terrified of people, while the other batch couldn't be happier to have some love (and treats). Today the work begins!

Check out the updates here: ABC Blog

Check out pictures here: Flickr Page

Here are 2 of the 5 month old pups, just wanting to stay close to each other and cuddle with people and dogs alike!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, some very generous person bought 35 harnesses and donated them, but we still need blankets, dog beds, leashes, and adopters!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The second group of dogs is making their way to New York early Friday morning! Check out our first pictures of them here.

These girls were in much worse condition than the other dogs. All of them were full of fleas and worms, but now they have all been spayed and treated for all ailments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Home 4 a Hound

I live in MA and looking for a Bassett. We recently had to put our Sunny down and it was no small feat. It's been almost a year know though she still pops up on the screen saver every now and then. She touched our whole families lives, along with neighbors who wouldn't bring her back when when she felt like visiting until they had their fun w/ her.oes anyone know anywhere to locate one around for free or a good deal. We have a very loving home with a nice yard and great neighbors:D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mosey1,

You should look into a Bassett rescue group from your area. Check your local shelters, you may get lucky...that's where I got by boy Gibbs (Animal control actually).

~Heather

1 - 7 of 7 Posts