Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 year old basset seems to be licking alot, and although I haven't spotted any bleeding, is it possible she is in heat? She whines and wants to go out alot even when she doesn't have to go to the bathroom (like she's looking for some action ;))

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Sounds like it's about time. Some girls keep themselves very clean and you won't see much if any blood. The vulva should get swollen, though.

Best to be extra vigilant just in case. Make sure she's kept away from all males, and never leave her outside unattended, even in a fenced yard.

·
Registered
70 Posts
so Fred is suppose to go in tuesday for her spay...but lately I noticed her back area is kinda swollen and I think I found dried blood in her crate and definetely some on her legs (just a tiny bit) and her sister is quite obsessed with her back area today too:huh:.

I'm assuming she's in heat would my vet be able to tell definetely and would he be able to tell us about where she's at in her cycle? There's not a lot of blood and her back area has been swollen for maybe a week but I haven't noticed any blood except the couple drops today.

We have to wait until she is 2 months from her heat for her to get spayed so when will we know she is not in heat or do we have to ask her vet? And what can we do to help with the mess. My husband won't let her on our carpet if she is so I guess we just gate her in the kitchen? And we know we have to watch and be with Fred the whole time she's outside and we go outside with her anyways because we live in an apartment.

I just don't know what happens while a dog is in heat, never had it happen before we scheduled her like a month ago for her spay and next tuesday was the soonest she could get in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts