Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OPTION 1:
Up where it says, 'Welcome, yournamehere", click your name so that it takes you to your profile page. Along the right side of the screen, you should see mini statistics, friends, albums, and recent visitors lined up. Where it says 'Albums', there should be an option to add an album. Once you've added the album, just above the ugly brown bar that contains the album's title, there is an option to 'upload pictures'. Click it and you should be able to begin to upload photos 3 at a time until you reach either 25 photos or a certain amount of memory space..whichever comes first, really.

OPTION 2:
See the thin black bar up top that goes all the way across the page? In between Active Topics and User CP, you should see Photo Gallery. Click it. Again, just above the ugly bar that says All Albums, there is the Add Album option. Once you've entered a title, description and your privacy preferences, you should be able to go ahead and begin adding 3 at a time.

OPTION 3:
If all you really want to do is add a photo or two or a few into a thread, then here's what you do:

A1) If you are starting the thread, you can click the little photo icon and add a photo, but you have to have the URL of the image, which, unless you're re-posting a photo that is already in your album, is a pain in the rear end.

A2) If you're starting the thread and don't have the URL or want to deal with it, then click the down arrow next to the paperclip icon located in the top row of edit options. When you click that, it should bring up a smaller screen with a whoooole lotta stuff going on. There will be 10 available places for attachments. Just make sure the attachments adhere to the rules in the attachment key on that screen and you're golden. When you've got as many photos as you'd like ready to go, click 'upload', which is right next to the 10th attachment space.

When it shows you that it has completed uploading, you can exit the little screen. Don't worry about a thing. You should see your original message space. Go up to the paperclip icon again, click it and you'll get a drop down menu of your uploaded photos! Now either you can click one at a time to add them into your post where you want them to be, or you can just write out your post and pretend like they're not there - because if you haven't added them in individually, once you finish your message and press submit, all of the photos will show up together along the bottom, in a row.

B1) If you want to add a photo into a thread that is already going on and you have the URL for the photo you'd like to include, go ahead and click on the photo icon in the 'Quick Reply' section at the bottom and insert the URL of your choosing.

B2) If you want to add a photo into a thread that is already going on, but don't want to deal with the URL situation or if it doesn't have one, scroll to the bottom and click the black 'post reply' icon, not the 'Quick Reply' space at the bottom. Once you've done that, it'll be all the same steps as A2, above.

OPTION 4: If you would like to have a cool little avatar of your pup pup or have your profile page include a picture at the top for personalization, click the 'User CP' tab in the thin black bar at the top of the page. Along the left side, there are many, many options. Click 'Edite Profile Picture' and 'Edit Avatar' for those adjustments. Remember to save your changes! You can access your pictures and albums from the User CP page, as well.

I hope this helps! I made this as a thread, since it seems to be a fairly common issue when people first come to the forum.

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi!
I'm new here and I was trying to post a pic but it won't let me post one from my computer library. That option is 'greyed' and won't let me click it. It will allow me to post one from another site, I'm assuming like photobucket, but I dont remember any of my info from that site...it's been so long since I've used it.
I would like to know how to post a new thread, though. I have questions. Thanks! Jodi

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
when entering a forum where all the related treads are liste, on the top left side above the forum heading is a button that reads new thread click on that

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great info on posting pictures but I have never been able to do so. I just tried again using the instructions posted by OliveOyl and after I "uploaded" them I finally got a message saying there were errors. Do I have to re-size the photos first?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts