Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the couch!
Since Doris has enlightened all the "newbies", I though it best to show their slaves how I outsmarted my hounds:

first, try umbrellas. colorful ones work best:

If they are smart enough to push the umbrellas aside, try using dining room chairs:

Notice he seems to know he is defeated:

Forget it, Doris taught them too well!

(a very defeated) Sandy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I admire your fighting spirit, Sandy -
even though you got defeated.. :lol:

The question is, does your livingroom
look better with umbrellas or chairs on
the couch? I think it looks better with a
couple of bassets! :p

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The last photo is hilarious- when Murray injured his leg a couple of months ago, I piled laundry baskets and chairs on the couch in a big heap- I had the same result: we found him squeezed onto the back of the couch in just about the same position with the stuff heaped all around him! :blink: I ended up taking all the cushions off and piling those on too, and that defeated him!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I wouldn't suggest this, but when I was a kid my parents put mouse traps on the furniture. :blink: Poor pups.

~Heather

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I wouldn't suggest this, but when I was a kid my parents put mouse traps on the furniture. :blink: Poor pups.

~Heather[/b]
I heard of the same thing - only I heard that you should cover the mouse traps with newspaper so they won't hurt the dog but will still make noise and also make the paper jump. I never tried it. We gave up trying to keep Moe off the furniture early on after adopting him. He was way too persistent and far too clever for us. As someone once said, "resistance is futile"... and I agree.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Glad to see my house isn't the only one "shrouded" in slipcovers and old sheets. Whenever anyone knocks at the door (that we don't want to know that the bassets rule the roost!) we run around like crazy people, ripping slipcovers and old sheets off of two couches and two chairs and stuffing them out of sight. :rolleyes: But it's worth it. They definitely are worth it. We also have laid the broom across the sofa on top of the sheet to keep them off. Of course, they have full access to the old set. But we just got the sunroom set in Nov. so we have to "protect" that.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

When Bubba (ATB) hurt his back this is what we had to do to keep him off the couch after the vet said no more jumping on furniture. We sat fenced in, and he got to roam free. That's why Bogie is not allowed on the furniture, only when invited on the lounge chair with Dad, on rare occasions.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

When Bubba (ATB) hurt his back this is what we had to do to keep him off the couch after the vet said no more jumping on furniture. We sat fenced in, and he got to roam free. That's why Bogie is not allowed on the furniture, only when invited on the lounge chair with Dad, on rare occasions.[/b]
Oh, dear, your post is the best! Basset runs the house, humans in x-pen. Sounds like home.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That is great. :D

~Heather

1 - 12 of 12 Posts