Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should their nails be clipped? Woodrow got his done about 11 days ago while he was having surgery, and I swear they are long already.
I am going to let the vet do it, but I didn't know how often?

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
I clip my dogs nails every week. This way I just need to clip alittle each week.[/b]
depends on the dog. for most every two week works for mantainence but if you need to shorten nails that are too long by reducing the quick they need to be trimmed much more often. In reality it is heavly dependant on the surface they walk on lots of concrete and asphalt keep the nails worn down but as with humans can be tough of the rest of the joints.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bogie Carter gets his done by us every two weeks. This way we don't have too clip much and keeps them short. If we miss for some reason, we go back to every week nipping a little until we get them short enough again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My hounds have theirs clipped approx. every two weeks.Ruperts are easy as they are all white and I have done them regularly since we got him.Precious has mainly black ones and I don't think they had ever been done until we got her,so the quicks are very long and her claws are really thick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts