Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....before your dog runs away, or gets away from you, or slops you back in the face? lol
Bowser is ALWAYS, and i repeat...always wherever I am. (Yes, i do feel loved!!!) so sometimes, i'll lean over and give the spot right above the nose (in case the nose is wet, which a lot of times it isn't, so then the nose gets kisses) a ton of kisses!
I mean, kiss smooch smooooooch kiss kiss! Lots of kisses. Ever since he was really little i just can't help but kiss that adorable soft muzzle. My parents freak out and think i'm going to get a basset disease (what would that be, exactly, laziness? I already got a dog just like me! hehehe)
Anyway, he's learned to be a very tolerant boy and won't kiss me in the face, hardly ever. I'm always the face kisser!

sometimes he's laying there, i give him a few kisses, and he actually sighs and then flops over sideways away from me...hehehe.
So just wondering if anyone actually also annoys their basset with kisses? hehe

Bowser kisses!!!! - YouTube Bowser kisses!!!! - YouTube

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
.... great ??, Bowsah!!

megetskisses alls the times. too much if ya ask me, i'm a boy!!
my person don't get that.

ok, sometimes it is nice, so then i heave a heavy sigh, like when i'm lying down or sleeping already. my person kisses me on the side of my muzzle, too, like urs. and the wrinkles over my eyes. and my 'thinking cap' (that bump on the top of my head).

but yeah. too touchy-feely if ya ask me.
--Worm

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I kiss them constantly...right above the nose, below the eye line. They're meant to be kissed there. Molly loves it...she's a cuddlebug and loves any attention I give her (except if she's sleeping). Winston is still a puppy, so he thinks it means playtime and tries to nibble at my face. But I sneak a few in there.

Bassets are just asking to be kissed and hugged all the time. Some just enjoy it more, like Molly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hank gets tons and tons of kisses. He hates em, too! After one, he tries to tackle me or bite me.. But I always manage to get him back with more kisses! Who's the winner in the situation? ;) Hank... Cuz he gets kisses instead of bites, like me... lol.
You and Bowser are an adoorrable pair!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mrs. McFreckles (Molly's mom)~
Winston doesn't like it as much as Molly does because he's a boy!
(and a member of the Brat Pack)
weboyz don't arpreciate kisses as much.
--Worm
I refuse to believe this...but you're probably right

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Momma kisses me a lot, too. On my head, on my nose, on my muzzle.
I just usually give a big sigh and tolerate it. Or give her a BIG sloppy one back.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maggie always has her tongue out for a lick. She has this weird ear thing, too. She goes right for the ear - doesn't matter who's loving on her, she sticks that tongue right in the ear! Gross! hahaa

·
Registered
517 Posts
Paisley loves kisses -- from the time she was a wee pup I would hold my hand around her little muzzle and smooch her on the lips -- mainly coz I don't enjoy licks. Now that she is 3 it has developed into a kinda bump on your lips when you ask for a kiss. Nothing is sweeter than waking up to a bumpy Paisley kiss when you are sleeping -- still no licks!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh that's so sweet, Pais! Molly was never a kisser, but lately she's been coming up to me and licking my hand or arm. She used to give kisses to everyone EXCEPT me. I feel special now. She and I have a special connection and I think she realizes it now :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pais that is sooo cute! that's actually what i tried to do with bowser, but he does give toe kisses (especially after showers, those are the best, is clean toe kisses) and he will try to wake me up in the morning by a few cries, but then goes for some face licks. I think he actually started the licking in the face because i don't get up *LOL*
I usually just turn my head...then he lays his head across my neck (it's so cute) and whimpers softly.

I made that video to annoy my parents cuz they think it's gross when i go for the face kisses...muahaha!
I've actually never had a dog i wanted to kiss, but i can't get enough kissing bowser! I just wub him sooo much! i kiss him a 100 times more than i kiss my husband (haha) and i always make sure to kiss the hubby AFTER kissing the dog. hehe

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I forgot to add, that if I lean down and ask Boomer for a "kiss", he will lick my chin.

[email protected], I'll do that, too, kiss the dog then go to kiss hubby and he backs away.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I hold Bessi she will take her front paws and put them on my cheeks and start giving me kissies. One after another until it is nearly hard to breathe. Death by basset!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mrs. McFreckles (Molly's mom)~
Winston doesn't like it as much as Molly does because he's a boy!
(and a member of the Brat Pack)
weboyz don't arpreciate kisses as much.
--Worm
I think Winston might get kicked out of the Brat Pack for this: This morning, I am sitting on the sofa having coffee and catching up on the Young and the Restless. Molly is asleep next to me. Winston climbs up and lays across my lap. He then proceeds to sit ON my lap, curl up and fall asleep. He kept waking up and kissing me...licking my arm and generally being a lovebug (he is growing up?!). I gave him kisses on the nose and he actually liked it. Who is this basset and what did they do with my Winston.

Honestly, I hope this is a sign of things to come with him :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Winston kicked out of the Brat Pack!!! NEVER!!!! He is just a sweet lover boy coming into his own!!! But watch out his normal self will come out before you know it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts