Any blood test results yet? I hope Oliver's hanging in there and you can get a diagnosis soon- please let us know how he's doing.
frequent diarrheaThe vet told us that he could have cancer becasue his nutrients are leaving his body and he is showing that he is very malnutritioned even though he is eating.
If addison's this could explain the malnurisment as well.The blood test came back and showed that oliver has an autoimmune disease.
Commonly reported symptoms. Severity can vary dramatically from dog to dog.
On examination by the veterinarian the dogs were noted to have;
- Thin/Weight Loss
- Shaking and Shivering
- Excessive urination with or without excessive thirst
- Waxing and Waning Course of Illness
- Painful/Sensitive Abdomen
- Fatigue/exercise intolerance
- The dog may also appear clumsy and unable to climb stairs or jump on the bed. This may be due to muscle loss or weakness. The dog does not have the strength to do normal activities.
...The deficiency of Aldosterone leads to severe depletion of sodium (hyponatremia) resulting in depletion of body fluids (hypovolemia) and potassium retention (hyperkalemia) ...Deficiency of cortisol causes low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia...Decreased secretion of gastrointestinal enzymes causes anorexia, nausea, vomiting, flatulence and diarrhea
- Mental Depression
- Muscular Weakness
- Slow weak pulse
- Blood in feces
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Abdominal pain
- Pale mucous membranes/anemia
- Low temperature
- Low blood pressure
- Grand Mal Seizure