Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does your BH Tells You He Loves You?

I thought this might make for an interesting thread. I guess I'll start...

My dog has the unique thing he does. He buries his head. Under my arm, under a pillow, anywhere just as long as it is close to me. No matter how much I scratch or pet, he keeps his head buried the whole time. Usually it is just before I go to sleep as I guess that is when he figures he needs to show his love. All I know is that when he buries his head, that is the sign he wants some love and I rub his neck and scratch his hunches..his favorite spots.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Daisy Jayne tends to sit or lie next to one of us, and place her nose against our necks. Kind of a 'hug'.

She also has a unique (to me anyway) way of sitting up on her butt, with her back against the back of the couch, her body against DH's chest, his arm behind her head, and press her cheek against his. Until gravity kicks in and she slides down to lay on her side with her head in his lap. I have a really weird picture of that that I'll try to post.

She'll also lay on her back in bed with me, or one of the kids, arranging it so my arm is around her with her head on my shoulder. These are also great ways for her to get a tummy-rub or have her breastbone scratched.

Nope, she's not spoiled at all...

·
Registered
983 Posts
When Roscoe wants his one on one loving he likes to greet me at the door first thing in the morning. He likes to walk between my legs so the others cannot get in between us.

Larryboy will simply climb up on you for his attention.

Gretchen will just join you on the couch and snuggle up to you and make whinning noises.

C

·
0 Posts
Louie will squeal like a pig when I come home and run around in circles...I guess that means he loves me!! LOL!

·
Registered
78 Posts
sadie will get up on to the lazy boy and lay across me like a lap dog and wants me to cradle her like a baby. then she purrrssss and snoresssss.
its funny to watch because she is growing into a big girl but she doesnt seem to care that there is a shortage of room.

[ March 07, 2006, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: jmm ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sebi dances in a circle, aroos, then jumps up to give me a nice kiss on the face. When very happy, the circle dance can get so hectic he flings himself over. At that point, he simply squirms on his back while continuing to 'sing'.

He also can fling himself next to me on the couch in a *very* dramatic fashion with a loud sigh and a head burried in my shoulder. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Huck gets right in my face, sniffs & snorts and then gives me a gentle face bump with his nose. He doesn't lick so that's like his kisses! :roll:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jake sits in my lap and bumps my hand till it pats his head- If I stop before he's ready I get the "look" and get bumped again... but most special he curls next to me at night- such a warm sweet boy when asleep :)

J

·
0 Posts
Jake does exactly what Basset Momma's Jake does! Must be a Jakehound trait...

·
Registered
813 Posts
George curls up on the couch beside one of us and snuggles when we've been gone a while (like after work), close enough to almost share clothes ;) and occasionally head butts us if he thinks our attention has wandered. He also rubs his face against us like a cat would (though I wouldn't make that comparison to him, he'd be VERY insulted, LOL) and makes that grunting sound I think of as basset purring. (again, a word he would not approve of). The coolest thing, in my opinion, is that when I pull into the driveway at night and Hubby has put him out on his lead, he'll stand at the top of the deck stairs and bark and bark and wag his tail so hard I think it might fly off, like he's saying "MOMMY'S HOME!"

A

·
0 Posts
Maggie is my very laid back hound. She tells me by her eyes and her tail. She isn't a really affectionate(sp?) houndie. But she loves to snuggle and get her special time in. She loves her belly rubs and will come over and scratch my arm when she wants her attention. She is also a big snuggler too. She sleeps with my daughter at night and the two of them together is so sweet. Definately a great dog!

Mollie is totally different on the other hand. She wants to be the center of attention all the time. It seems that when I'm all into my TV show Mollie decides she wants attention. So she'll jump up unexpected in my lap and just shower me with kisses. This is sweet but will shock you at the same time. And every night she'll jump up and wait for me and shower me with more kisses before I turn over to go to sleep. And Mollie is a great girl too!

A

·
0 Posts
Sabian is my lover boy dog. He is always on my lap or not far away. He nugges my hand until I pet him. If I am laying down he lays right at the back of my knees. Pearly VERY RARELY loves on us but when she does it is really special because it is so infrequent. Beau will bury his head under my pillow and make groaning noises as I scratch his belly! yvonne

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was hoping this would be a great thread. Hopefully others will chime in as well. It was great hearing about all the great BH personalities!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts