Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know whether to post this up as it upset me so much to think that someone could throw six live puppies into flowing water and be filmed doing it! :( :( Makes me feel sick, so apologies for posting this, but it shows what humans can stoop to without thinking how the poor animals must have suffered! :(

Sick girl throws 6 puppies to their deaths - AOL News

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I watched enough of the video to absolutely sicken me. I don't understand how/why people do this. Are we this desensitized as a human race.? :(

·
Registered
774 Posts
I haven't watched it, but was just reading a news story about the furor it's caused. When I was a bit younger I agonized over all the kids and animals being mistreated and how I couldn't help them all. Now that I have a kid and pets of my own I find some comfort in the fact that I can't save everyone, but I can take the best care possible of those entrusted to me. And I do!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I didn't know whether to post this up as it upset me so much to think that someone could throw six live puppies into flowing water and be filmed doing it! :( :( Makes me feel sick, so apologies for posting this, but it shows what humans can stoop to without thinking how the poor animals must have suffered! :(

Sick girl throws 6 puppies to their deaths - AOL News
One of the worst parts of being involved in rescue is seeing stories like this, like I'm sure many of you are well aware.

A few guys tortured and blew up a turtle on film a short while ago and got off with a misdemeanor and fine last week, the equivalent of roughly a parking ticket.

At the shelter I volunteer at we have a memorial garden. One of the dogs honored (and buried) there was beaten and stabbed by her "owner" before being set on fire. It happened when I was a sophomore in college in the area and not involved in animal rescue and it's really the case that opened my eyes to the cruelty all around us.

I truly don't understand how people can be so cruel. My basset Anabelle is the sweetest dog I have ever met and she was shot with a shotgun and abandoned.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aww Kirska, a couple of very, very sad things you've been involved in and thank goodness Anabelle has a kind, loving home with a family who love her. I just cannot bear to think about how cruel some animals are treated by the human race... it's no wonder so many of us prefer dogs to some people... me included!

·
Registered
973 Posts
it's no wonder so many of us prefer dogs to some people... me included!
Haha isn't that the truth. And Anabelle is an angel. I feel like we owe her for everything she does for us, not the other way around.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don't know if you are familiar with the site 4chan or not, but it is basically a bunch of jerks online. However I've heard recently that some of the members there are trying to figure out who the girl in that video is. I hope they find her.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The video is not available to watch in my region...but I did read the story...sickening!

~Heather

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know if you are familiar with the site 4chan or not, but it is basically a bunch of jerks online. However I've heard recently that some of the members there are trying to figure out who the girl in that video is. I hope they find her.
They did... evidently she's a 19 year old girl from Germany. They found out her parents' address and the school she's going to as well. I would never want the 4chan people after me, but for once whatever they do to her would not be enough.

Michael Bay was evidently also offering a $50,000 reward for information on her as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone could do such a dreadful thing and make those poor wee darlings suffer with drowning... AND WHY BE FILMED DOING IT?? I don't even know what punishment would be severe enough for this girl but I would like to see six burly men take it in turns to throw her into Niagra Falls and leave her there after the sixth throw!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
The video is sickening. I'd recommend not watching it. I don't know what the laws are there, but I hope she is prosecuted for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts