Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bassets always line up and wait their turn for a drink out of the tub!

I had a picture of all 4 in line but Jake finished before I got the lighting right! Baby Frodo is 3 months old and is at the end of the line... but waits patiently!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was gonna say our water dish is not big enough, but that picture made me laugh too hard!

Seriously though, I need to get a bigger dish. Beau drinks almost the whole thing in one go (and drools most of it back out) and then my Shepherd, Sport, does the same thing as soon as I refill it. Then I refill it again and GingerSnap the Dachshund gets HER drink, which is a lot smaller a drink, and then we start the whole thing over again.

A bathtub might be a big enough water dish!

Elisa

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Great picture!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been pretty stressed and depressed lately. This picture is the best thing to cross my path this week. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think this picture says it all:

We do have a fountain with a gallon jug on it and they go through that about every other day. Don't know what it is about the toilet that's so appealing...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww I just LOVE your picture... it's gorgeous seeing your hounds lined up! :D

Our dogs like drinking from a watering can outside on the front step but they also have a big ceramic dog bowl that I keep filling up making sure I wash and brush around it twice a day to keep it fresh for them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Too cute. I just love the line up. Do you leave the water running for them to drink straight from the tap?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I turn the faucet on a low stream when they start to line up... they drink from the spout. For a long time that is the only way Jake would drink his water! Somehow he taught the others so now 3-4 times a day we get a line... They do have 2 big bowls with fresh water as well... but this is their favorite!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I keep telling my husband that we need to get one of those water bowls with the 5 gallon or so jug attached. We're refilling their water bowl at least once a day. And that's going to increase as our puppy gets bigger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts