Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking for a few weeks without posting. Now I'm posting because I really need some help. My 17 week old bassett, Murray, has suddenly started peeing in his crate on his blanket. I don't even hear him whining in the night to go out. I suppose I can set an alarm and be preemptive on that issue but the bigger issue is he has started jumping up on the couch and peeing on the couch or on the afghan that is on it. He even peed in his crate during the day when I was right there. I had put him in the crate so I could get something done - we had just been outside for a pee too. He started alot of whining which I figured was his attempt to be let out so I ignored it. After a few minutes it was more frantic and I discovered he'd peed. I have been following all the guidelines for housetraining. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. HELP!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Could be a change at home has upset him- or possibly the start of a urinary tract infection. He is too little to be completely housetrained... bassets are a bit stubborn and can go on up to a year to get things right. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I would have him checked by your vet for a urinary tract infection.

If it's not that, keeping him on a strict potty schedule (every couple of hours during the day, after eating or playing, and once or twice during the night) with lots of praise should help.

Welcome to another Murray!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts