Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our favorite homes for the senior hounds could use some assistance, if you can spare it! They have some very cute items that you can specifically purchase raffle tickets for. Jeanne Wells' photograph of a hound named Liz peeking out a doggie door is both poignant and adorable. Check it out! The hounds pull the raffle tickets and video is posted of it on the site.

http://houseofpuddles.org/raffle_summer_2009.htm

We're supporting 19 rescues right now. All the trips to the vet with the new ones we've taken in this summer for exams, dentals & other issues they've had are keeping the funds drained. The Hoppers will be hoppin' for anything you can do to help get tickets sold - maybe even buy a few, yourself.[/b]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank you for the link. I ended up buying 3 tickets for the Corvette! What wonderful work they do at HOP. I think I clicked on every houndie page. I have a soft spot for elder hounds as my dear Chloe is 14 this year and I swear NO one would put up with her but us! But, apparently, she would always be welcome at HOP. God Bless HOP! I'd encourage everyone to support this group that can.

Take care,

Colleen

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Colleen!

It means so much when times are tough and funds are hard to come by.

I love HOP and the HOPpers! Marilyn does such good work. I know that she lost three hounds right in a row this spring, and just as quickly took in four more. They're all so cute!

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
87 Posts
The raffle ends tonight at midnight pacific--also, HOP lost another one this afternoon. Laverne passed away in her sleep. If you want to send condolences to Marilyn, her email is olddogs at houseofpuddles dot org.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts