Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Francis tripped going down the front steps last week and really mashed up his right front paw. No breaks but he had plenty of soft tissue injury so the vet put him on the ol' Rimadyl n' Rest routine with love slave Bevy having to carry him up and down the front steps for some bathroom action.
So now I aggravated my neck badly enough to warrant steroids ( in a few days I'll start thinking it normal and necessary to eat 5 bowls of spaghetti with butter and cheese and I'll cry hysterically if I can't) and Francis has decided that it really isn't necessary to go outside to void.
Hey! Francis thinks. Why go outside? It hurts, it's a lot of work, and with this miserable rain it's just a heck of a lot cozier to just hang out in the spare room when the urge strikes. Besides, Bevy is just too fried on steroids and painkillers to catch me in the act. I could get used to this....
And it's my 11th birthday (February 25th) so let's just party it up!
What a week......:eek:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that harness idea. Unfortunately, with Francis being blind we can't do ramps, he'd fall right off them, so, oh well....
We went back to the vet because the foot is still swollen and he's to stay on the Rimadyl.
I'll have back surgery in April so until then the two old geezers, dog and human, will have to muddle along.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terry, I make it out to be worse than it is. In fact the picture of the two of us laid up and popping pills has to be good for a laugh or two. Hope all is well with Moe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.