Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came home for early lunch at 11. Found both hounds in our office, hovering over the last package of peanut butter crackers ...from a package of EIGHT that Steve left in a bag on the floor last night!!! :angry:

We went to Target last night and he got his "snacks" to keep at work. He forgot to take them with him today and the dogs found them after I left. They opened eight individually wrapped peanut butter crackers packages! I've picked up ripped open, empty packages from every room in the house and on the back deck. Crumbs everywhere. They've eaten them all but the one I caught them with.

I knew something was going on when they didn't come to the door when I walked in <_< I hope this won't make them sick. Any advice? I have to leave them for the rest of the day when I go back to work. I'll leave an extra bowl of water because I'm sure they will be thirsty if nothing else :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Any advice?[/b]
Yes... don't leave snacks on the floor! ;) :lol:

I'm sure they'll be fine. Peanut butter is a common treat for dogs (the amount on those crackers is minimal anyway) and I think crackers are relatively harmless, too, especially since the spoils were devided among two dogs.

Never a dull moment...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The little devils are fine tonight. Not the worst event we've ever had with these two ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well.........finders -keepers!
I bet they were licking their chops over that treat
don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts