Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sigh- I'm whipped :( Yesterday the dogs stole a half loaf of french bread and then later in the evening scarfed down 8 homemade yeast rolls... all with us standing right there. This afternoon I left for an hour. They found our last tray of holiday goodies and polished it off. It only had about 10-15 pieces of goodies on it- but some was chocolate- so now I have to worry :roll: Another all nighter I'm sure. My husband thinks there were a few pieces of chocolate fudge left... and I know some peanut butter fudge and assorted sugar cookies. Sami was penned outside so didn't get any- Which means of the other three, who got what and how much is an unknown. So even if we avoid chocolate poisoning we're going to have a sugar high tonight for sure. I don't know what's been going on this last week- Too much holiday fun?? My hounds have been extra mischieveous- Next week everyone starts back to work and school so they are not going to be happy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
Other than the hounds running a muck you shouldn't worry too much about the chocolate if it was milk chocolate. My hounds have had milk chocolate b4 & they were fine. I know these dogs can be a pain sometimes. Just the other day Larryboy tryed to steal my toast and I said "No!!!!". Then when he saw that I was engrossed in tv he stole that toast right out from underneath my nose :mad: !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vet said to just watch- The two bigger dogs- Jake and Abby- will probably only get an upset tummy- She said it would take a whole lot of pure chocolate to kill them but- if the little doxie mix Indy ate too much of the chocolate it might be too much for him... but I doubt he could gobble quicker than the other two :roll: I've guarded the goodies for almost three weeks and am so upset that they managed to get this by me- One has thrown up already... but I think that's good to get it off the tummy... Currently we are basset 500'ing all around the house- inside and outside the doggy door... and having a barkfest...
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the chocolate either. As you might recall Huckleberry ate about 20 one-bite brownies and needed to socialize with the vet for a day. He said that actually that baked goods "aren't really chocolate", meaning that it's really the Baker's Chocolate that is the most harmful. Unless they are all non-stop vomiting (one T or two?) I'd have a good nite's sleep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They all made it through the night. Jake was only sick the once... and this morning very upset because his daddy isn't taking him to McDonalds... it would have been his day but with everything he ate yesterday we aren't pushing our luck :)

[ January 06, 2006, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Basset Momma ]
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top