Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I FINALLY went to the local feed store today, to pick up some Chicken Soup For The Dog Lovers Soul. While there, I discovered that they sell all kinds of things so I got some fresh bird seeds and looked at all the treats and flea treatments. I grabbed what I thought was a bag of the CSFTDLSoul treats. When I got the register, the guy asked me "is that everything? ...do you need some food for your horse as well?"

My HORSE?? Ok so how did he know Belvedere was so big! ;)

What I had picked up was some kind of horse treats, in a bag similar to the CSFTDLSoul treats!! That would have been hilarious and tragic at the same time. Thank goodness he noticed.

PS There is a "message for our customers" on their website, showing that they are at least on top of things and have none of the ingredients recalled so far. That's just about all we can hope for right now, as different problematic ingredients and brands are announced regularly.

http://www.chickensoup.com/

·
Registered
289 Posts
Our products do not have corn, wheat, or wheat gluten fillers.[/b]
That reminds me of an old radio commercial I heard. "Hey friends, to give your best friend the best food for that shiny coat and a gitup in his step, buy Acme brand horse meat. Yes, Acme horse meat is the best option for your dogs nutritional health. We deliver."

·
Registered
511 Posts
PS There is a "message for our customers" on their website, showing that they are at least on top of things and have none of the ingredients recalled so far. That's just about all we can hope for right now, as different problematic ingredients and brands are announced regularly.[/b]
You can't trust any of them. I feed Alpo once in a while, and checked their website when this all started. They stated they have no part in the recall, and that all their food is safe. Well that was a bunch of bull**. 3 weeks later they started recalling their food also.
Lucky that the type I feed was not on the list, for now!

BTW, I do have a funny story about horse treats. My uncle ate half a box of apple treats, before he noticed the horse pictured on the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts