Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading an article in Redbook about popsicles for dogs, it says to fill your ice trays with beef broth and chciken broth and put popsicle sticks in them with foil in between of course then freeze and presto your houndie has a popsicle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops

but please make sure if you put the stick in the ice tray to make sure u hold onto the stick or your hound will more than likely eat it...u could just not use the stick at all.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We just make broth cubes with no sticks for the dogs. They LOVE them - especially in hot weather. Ice cubes are another great favorite.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmm

ill try that that way i dont have to hold the stick while he licks ill just feed them to him outside..

·
Registered
932 Posts
We make lion popsicles at work, usually with meat juice, beef boullion, etc., sometimes with little bits of meat inside. Very popular on a hot day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Our dogs have taken a love to ice cubes, we would always put them in the water for the cats and now that we have dog they get it too. The ice cubes don't make it into the bowl though, they eat them first. I am not looking forward to the day that they learn how to dispense them for themselves from the fridge.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh blehhk ...but what a wonderful idea!! I will probably gag putting the meat in the broth and freezing it, etc. The dogs will love it, though ...so it will be worth it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Another easy summer treat is a product called "Frosty Paws". It is sold along with the ice cream in the grocery store. My dogs have always loved it, they come in little individual cups. Simple and requires no work or smells :D .

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
What a wonderful idea!! A frozen treat low in fat and calories that's also inexpensive to make. It has all the characteristics of a winner!! Now all I need are some cheap ice cube trays (we have an icemaker, therefore we've had no need for trays before this :roll: ). Tomorrow I'll have to make a stop at the dollar store! Moe and Tally will be soooooo surprised!

Terry

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
How big are the lion popsicles?

·
Registered
932 Posts
We make the lion pops in all sizes, from 5 gallon buckets to little ones we call "hockey pucks".

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
LOL--5 gallon buckets. I figured they had to be something along those lines. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts