Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember Koza from a previous post - he is the lion cub we are hand rearing at work. Recently it was decided to get him a companion animal - she is a Cane Corso whose mother was rescued from hurricane Katrina. Her name is Cairo and she was born here in San Diego after her mother was relocated. We have waited several weeks to get the all clear from the vets to introduce them face to face - they have had a barrier between them until now. Today was the big day. Koza turned out to be a scaredy cat and hid most of the time. I'm sure he will get over it soon and they'll be buddies. I thought everyone would enjoy a few pics, and I'll throw in a couple of Sally, Waldo (kitty) & Daisy to make up for being off topic a little!

T

·
0 Posts
That is so very cool! Hope things work out for Cairo and Koza!

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hmmm -- Cairo is an interesting breed -- never heard of a Cane Corso and will have to look them up! I hope Koza gets a little braver pretty soon.

A

·
0 Posts
How wonderful!!!!!!! Great pictures, thanks so much for sharing!!
Keep us updated on this interesting story!

·
Registered
773 Posts
So -- It looks to me like Cairo's ears have been left natural. Are they going to be left that way? I think he looks much nicer than the ones whose ears were docked. And it would appear that he was a good choice of companion for a growing lion! I hope you'll be able to occasionally post an update for us so that we can watch both of these babies grow up....

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aruuuu, no docking allowed!! She is perfect just as she is. Docking should be prohibited across the board imho. While there may have been reasons for docking in the past based on the work the breed performed, as far as I'm concerned it is now nothing more than cosmetic surgery. Murraysmom - Waldo says thanks for the compliment! He is our little house lion. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts