Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first had honey (almost 3 months) she was a very small girl (15lbs) she had Giardia and with proper attention she was clear. She started to gain weight and grow at 5 months she weighed 25 pounds. So that’s only a 10 pound difference. Now as a 6 month old she weighs 30 pounds. I keep in tounch with her sister owner and she’s weighing about 34 pounds. I mean I know her sister is more sleeping all day while honey is playing all day and likes to be more active. So should I feed her more (I feed her 2 times a day 2 cups in the AM and 1 cup in the PM) she’s getting spayed this Friday so hopefully that doesn’t affect anything. Oh! And Honey doesn’t seem to be “boney” her ribs show a little but its been like that since I had her. The only time her stomach is chunky is when she’s finish eating/drinking. So my big question is, is this all normal for a female basset to weighing this much? Thank you guys so much! :giggle:

Side note: When I asked the lady before buying Honey she told me they were small girls so I don’t know if that helps! :unsure:
This is I think the only full body picture I have of her, maybe you can see what I’m saying about her being “Rib-y”

1 - 2 of 2 Posts