Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started making homemade dogfood as I can't find anything my old guys will eat now. Does anyone have recipes to share?

Thanks, maybe I should post in Health?

Cindy in Toronto

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
I've started making homemade dogfood as I can't find anything my old guys will eat now. Does anyone have recipes to share?

Thanks, maybe I should post in Health?

Cindy in Toronto[/b]

The problem with most homemade diets is they tend to be very nutritionally incomplete. a good reference to start with for homemade diets is DOG HEALTH AND NUTRITION FOR DUMMIES

The credential of the author Chris Zink D.V.M., Ph.D are substaintial

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
We use recipes from Dr. Pitcairn's book "Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats". As Mikey Tsaid it's really important to be sure the meals are nutritionally complete. Our two have done quite well on this diet for the last three years as it addressed some allergy issues they had as well as weight issues. The meal calls for the addition of bone meal and we also provide a multi-vitamin. We discussed this with our vet to make sure it would be adequate and we also discuss this at their checkups to be sure no changes are needed. So far they have had the same menu and have not turned down their food. Overall it is less expensive than premium food because we buy everything in bulk. More work though! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts