Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a good recipie for dog food that is easy on the stomach and still have everything a dog needs. Atticus often gets upset tummy and wont eat, i made up some turkey burger and rice this afternoon and he ate that then for dinner had some more and mixed in some of his dog food and some vegatables and he gobbled it all down (obviously feeling better). But was wondering if there was a good recipe.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
hi, I don't have the exact recipes.
I just throw in some ground meat (chicken or turkey or pork or beef), and some carrots/peas, and some rice with some broth and little seasoning.
That's all.
Sometimes, I boiled smoked ham hock or smokes turkey legs for 1 hour or until really tender. Then I chopped them up and mixed some rice in it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I cook ground turkey and some brown rice (whole grain?) I sometimes put some frozen veggies in the mix but they usually pick them out and lay them on the mat next to the bowls. Especially the peas or beans.

We mix a 1/4 cup of this mixture with the Nutro Weight Management kibble.

·
Registered
987 Posts
recipes

I have come up with some recipes based on trial and error with what each dog likes.

I use boiled meats, chicken, turkey, or beef. I mix it with either rice or pasta, like little shells. Veggies. (Veggies different for each dog)

I also use chicken or beef broth.

I also use their dry fish and potato based kibble but only about a cup for each dog.

They are fed a cup of dry with broth for breakfast.

At night they get the good stuff. So a typical meal would be

Boild meat mixed with rice or pasta, veggies and kibble.

They love it.
When tummies are upset I use just the rice and meat. And if necessary some malox.

It takes prep time. But I think it is worth it. I prepare a couple of days worth of food at a time.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts