Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are home from our trip to PA/NJ. What a wonderful time we had. The kids stayed with the breeder for a week. We picked them up yesterday. We live a good distance from her so we meet half way. She had two of their nephews with her. She takes them out as much as possible. They are now 12 weeks old!!! They are SO cute. And I didn't even think to bring my camera :( I was so focused on seeing my two. The report was that Stickers was very good with the 8 puppies. She corrected them in the proper way when she had enough of them. Rusty still isn't crazy about his nieces & nephews :( He wasn't aggressive or anything, just indifferent.

In a couple weeks the breeder is coming with 2 of her adult dogs and 4 puppies to stay with us for the weekend. There's a dog show at the Florida State Fairgrounds and we invited her to stay here. Rusty will be in for a shock!! The puppies in "his" house!! :D :D :D

It's great to be home!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
YAY - Bassets coming to stay for a few days - that means we are in for a treat with some great pics hopfully! ;)

Glad you all had a lovely time. Sounds like Stickers was in his element on 'holiday' but poor old Rusty must of missed you guys a little more :(

It's nice to go on holiday but even niceer to return to our lovely hounds isnt it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When I go to my breeders' place and she has pups on the ground the males could care less. The females are always poking around to check on them and see how they are doing. Must be maternal instinct.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm really glad you had a good time, and that R&S are home and happy!

PA/NJ, I guess you flew up. If you drove, you would have come within 4 miles of me (right off I-95).

Boy, that weekend sounds like it will be chaotic, 8 bassets in the house! :blink:

Can't wait for the pics! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts