Basset Hounds Forum banner

Home Again

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  murraysmom 
#1 ·
Mocha and Beldin are back home now after having thier surgeries (spay & neuter). Those poor hounds ... they were so groggy and disoriented when they came out from the back room ... I had to carry them one by one out to the car because they took one look out the open door and just layed down like "No way are we walking that far right now!"

Got them home and they promptly fell asleep again on thier cushoins. They came outside once to pee but mostly when they are awake they just sit or lay on their cushions and watch me out of baleful eyes that speak volumes on what they think about the whole ordeal.

I'm just happy to have them home again.

#3 ·
*lol* Yeah the poor houndies slept most of yesterday and then kept me up all last night! :blink: This morning they're walking a bit slow and tender but they do seem a bit perkier than yesterday that's for sure!

With three kids and another dog that lives here as well all I can say is thank goodness for baby-gates! I've coralled off a part of the livingroom for the houndies so they have a bit more room than just their crate, but they have an area away from the kidlets and Bella.

#4 ·
Glad to hear they are feeling better this morning. I can really relate to keeping everyone seperate, when Patty and Dolly had their spay surgery the hardest part was keeping Copper from being too rough with them.Hope they continue to do well :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.