Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please do enroll. It's so much fun! Only 6 (7 if you count me in) enrollments to date :( We want at least 30 cards like all other years, so do it, just enroll!

Greetz

P.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you save last years list? I would like to participate again and my address hasn't changed.[/b]
I still have all the lists since 2005 ;) But just resubmit your address for this year's list

P.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'm in!

I save the cards every year and bring them to the nursing home where Murray and I do our pet therapy visits. The residents LOVE looking at all the dogs- I go through the cards one by one and tell a little about each hound- I've had folks who usually don't talk much get really excited and chatty over the cards-

Two years ago one of the patients said that Bogie Carter looked exactly like a basset she owned many years ago, so Bogie stayed with her- he's still on her bulletin board!

Think about doing this- it's really fun to get the cards each day!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'd do it, but:

1. I no longer have an official basset --- merely unofficial ones;

and, most important,

2. I'm extremely flakey when it comes to mailing things, especially during the holidays.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Count us in. Wouldn't miss it! :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know it varies, but ball park how much does it usually cost ya'll in pictures, cards, and postage to participate?

~Heather

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Heather it depends on if you get a basset hound picture made and where you get it made. I have used Walmart or CVS or Costco or Walgreens over the years but I belong to more than one basset group so I do cards for everyone. Plus our non-bassety friends and family are getting Ruby's mug shot again this year too. So check out prices in your area, figure out postage (a lot of people are out of the country so count that in for additional postage costs).

One of the first years I participated on Cyberhound there were over 60 cards for Ruby and me. It was the highlight of the year. It's dwindled down quite a bit but still is a ton of fun to have your mailbox filled with bassets!!!!

:lol:

Janice and little Ruby

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know it varies, but ball park how much does it usually cost ya'll in pictures, cards, and postage to participate?

~Heather[/b]
I get my done at the Wal-Mart Photo department; you can get them for 33 cents a card. It's really easy, you can upload the picture to their website and order the cards all over line and pick them up at the store, no shipping or handling. Then you just have the postage for mailing the cards.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I try to keep the cards w/postage at @ $1.00 or less, we usually print our cards and I usually order photos to paste on them. 4 x 6 photos can run as cheap as 10 cents each and sometimes i can get a good deal on 5 x 7s. Something else you can do is if you have a photo editing program you can create your own card with photo in a 4 x 6 size and have that printed like a regular photo. Which would put your cost at about $.55 each with postage (for US mail). Canada and other countries will run between .85 and 1.25 to mail.

It can add up, I sent almost 200 cards out last year to family, friends, and cyberhound exchange. I don't plan on sending out that many this year, but I started buying back in June a pack of stamps a month just for the exchange to kind of defer the costs a little. Since I don't have any "human" kids, I tend to go all out on the cards every year.

No matter the cost, I think its priceless when I receive the cards in the mail.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I will most likely do it I was looking on Walmart.com at their prices and it seemed reasonable.

~Heather

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've made my own the last few years - I can buy a quality paper and print as many as I need- Usually Cyberhound runs about 30-40 cards the years I've played. Most are in the US, so out of country postage is not overwhelming. I've loved it and will likely being joining in the fun again this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts