Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I posted on here a couple years ago about my Basset's fear snapping and "aggression". Since then, he has had his ups and downs. I typically just remove him from any situation that could cause him stress (or me stress worrying he may bite someone).

He now has started to charge at people in my home. Barking and even jumping up at them. The other day my GF went to put his collar on, and he snapped and bit her. Im at lost for words on what to do here.

I love this dog, and would never give him up. But I need help and so does he. My vet says hiring a behaviorist would help tremendously.

The behaviorist I spoke with said that she can cure him.

I now live in Southern Cal. Does anyone have experience with a behaviorist, or know of a legit source for help in S cal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
"your dog is jealous!"

Attaching human emotions to a dog as their motivation is not usually productive.

1. The first thing you need to rule out before any behavioral treatment is a medical cause. hypothyroidism, neurological issues, brain abnormality/disease/cancer. Pain. loss or impairment of a sense (sight, hearing, smell)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts