Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wanted to share a short story about Jasper and hiking. He absolutely loves to hike. We have a mountain trail that is 3.5 miles long total and he dogs me (pardon the pun) every time we hike it. He will sniff all the way up and back down and then act all triumphant when we 'find' the people who left the scent he's tracking. People will often comment on his short little legs and be amazed that he makes it all the way. I let them know that he wears me out and is full of stamina. While on the trail, he stops in the mountain streams along the way and walks around in them and drinks to get cooled down. On the ride home, he either sleeps on the back seat or plops his butt on the back seat and leans his front over the console to rest. You should see him prance around when I ask him if he wants to go hiking. I'll post a pic soon. He's a three year old neutered male and slim as far as bassets go but the vet says he's just the right size.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That sounds like a wonderful thing for Jasper to do. I can only imagine the scents he finds!!

I hope you guys have lots of fun on your hikes.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't have to say walk, I just open the drawer where I keep the leashes, and they are ready to go. We have a big backyard for them to run in, so they only get walks about once a week. Sunday we went for a walk, and they pulled me for the first 8 blocks, but the last 2 blocks they were dragging their butts. Another block and I would have had 2 flat bassets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts