Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and my basset. I am Shannon and my basset is named Millie. I just picked her up on Tuesday. She is mischievous and quite funny already. I also have a toddler, Grace, who will be 2 in April. So this is going to be a fun and challenging adventure. I put a lot of research into toddlers and puppies and am well aware of how much work this is going to be. I own my house and love having a dog around. I know some people are strongly against young children and dogs. I think if you put in the necessary amount of work it can actually be a positive thing.

So just wanted to say Hi to everyone!

I am looking forward to reading advice and stories. :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hi Shannon and Millie - welcome to the family.

A puppy and a toddler, you are brave! We are getting a second basset in a month (meeting him - or her - tomorrow), so there will be chaos in our house too. I know my Molly has always loved kids and is quite good with them. I am sure Grace and Millie will love growing up together!

Again, congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Your avatar picture is very cute, they will have fun growing up together!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello! Congrats on your new puppy. I have a basset that just turned one last month and an almost 2 year old. It really is a ton of work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Only good comes of hard work. Both your daughter and your pup will learn lots of valuable lessons. My daughter is three and we have three dogs, one of which is a rescue basset we got a week ago. So, I'm new to both bassets and this forum too.

I'm so glad we've chosen to raise our daughter around dogs. She is a challenge but is already better than most older children with dogs. The other day she told me what she wanted to be for the first time....a dog trainer :) It is a lot of work but not when it's for love :)

Welcome!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
good for you! I grew up with dogs, and since I was 2 I had a "brother" named Sonny Boy (a beagle). I used to get into my other dogs dog house with her and go out and make mud pies lol
every kid should have a dog friend!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts