Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i'm maria , i've joined this forum as i found it on my internet travels while i was researching bassets .

We are on the waiting list for a rescue basset , and are just awaiting the phone call to let us know when a dog that will find us suitable comes along lol
We already have a great dane called nell who is now 7 , she has been with us since she was 2 as she was a rescue aswell .
I hope to gain as much knowledge and insider tips as i can , to help in the welcoming of a basset into our family .

I am going to try to post a pic of nell

[attachment=653:nellfield003.jpg]

[attachment=654:nellie.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nell is beautiful! It is hard to wait for that "just right" Basset, but the rescue groups do a really good job in matching dogs with families so I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Welcome and good luck.

Colleen

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome and good luck on waiting for your Basset. Nell is beautiful, I LOVE GREAT DANES! All Bassets are different, but be prepared for a dog who makes it's own rules. They are very strong willed and will do what they want when they want (and if they don't want to do something they'll give you the flat Basset). They are an addicting breed, I love my 2...The Clowns of the dog world for sure!

~Heather

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nellie is such a sweetie!!! You'll find that once you own a basset, you'll be hooked!!! They have quite the comical personality, but can be stubborn!!
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi , i'm maria , i've joined this forum as i found it on my internet travels while i was researching bassets .

We are on the waiting list for a rescue basset , and are just awaiting the phone call to let us know when a dog that will find us suitable comes along lol
We already have a great dane called nell who is now 7 , she has been with us since she was 2 as she was a rescue aswell .
I hope to gain as much knowledge and insider tips as i can , to help in the welcoming of a basset into our family .

[attachment=654:nellie.jpg][/b]

·
Registered
6 Posts

[attachment=654:nellie.jpg][/b]
What a cutie! I am sure you will find the basset you get to be a great addition to the family. We have been so happy with out little guy, he loves our beagle and every dog and person he comes in contact with. Looking forward to seeing pics of the two of yours together soon as he gets there

·
Registered
111 Posts
WELCOME to the board! Many great howls headed your way.
As the others have already said they are all fun but can be stubborn at times.
Looking forward to hearing more from you all.
Where are you located?

Miss Daisy and her driver, Fritz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nell is absolutely beautiful!!!
As for the bassets they are wonderful dogs. I can't wait until I can get another one. I hope the rescue finds one that fits your family soon.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I love the way Great Danes look, such beautiful dogs!
Can't wait to see pictures of your basset hound when you get him/her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts