Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im Sue, Tatsi is my "Grandpuppy". I've been reading your posts since Oct 14th when Tatsi came home. My daughters boyfriend bought Tatsi for her, with my permission of course.
Jess or Christopher take her out for about 15 minutes in the morning, then go to work and/or college. They take her out for a long walk when they get home. I have her all day and so Tatsi gets looks of attention.

These are her "baby pics", the breeders sent us lost of pic's as she was in NH and we are in NJ. She also had us send her shirts we had worn, Tatsi ran right to Jess and Chris when they met in person.
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/312079/index.html

I broke my left leg in Feb the fib and Tib in 3 places. Nov 15th I'm going into the hospital as the bones didn't heal correctly, and the rod has moved. I may be in 1 night or 5, it's up in the air untill the doctor gets in there and see's the damage.(Oh I fell on black ice if you are wondering) When I'm in the hospital, the kids are going to try to get home and take her out. If that isn't possible, we will block of the kitchen, with the wee wee pads.

Once I'm home, do you think Tatsi will be ok if I have her on the lead and I sit at the door or deck until I can walk again? I live in a townhouse so no doggy doors, nor can I have her outside, not even the deck, unless someone is with her. Of course we have "wee wee pads" for those times she can't make it outside..like in the rain! It is a hassle for the kids coming home,I don't want it to effect their grades or jobs. I do want to keep Tatsi's routine as normal as possible.

Any help and/or advise would be so helpful. She is a bunndle of energy one hour and sleeps for 3-4 afterwards. Oh she is a sly one for treats. She squats in the grass and pretends to tinkle, and then looks at me for the treat! :p
Sue

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
She is precious!! Good luck with your surgery, as well. Ruby Doo has a great idea about having some one come over and play and walk Tatsi a couple times a day, maybe a neighbor kid or another dog lover nearby. It would help her burn off some energy and be great socialization as well for her. Maybe you could sit on the deck and watch and be sure things are going OK. Good luck!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No words of advice. Just wanted to say she is a doll and good luck with the surgery.
[/b]
Thankyou all so much. Ruby your idea was great. Ifound a dog walker, she is 30 dollars for 45 minutes of walking, I thought thatwas a bit high, so I'll keep looking.
Thank you guys for being so nice and welcoming, and yes she is cute. Well she is barking in crate, and may walk up the nieghbors. One night she is great, 5 minutes worth of complaing, then going to sleep. Tonight wil be a long one :(
Thank you again and I'll take some new pics as she is growing likea weed!
Sue

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is there a neighbor you can have just come over for 10 minutes or so and go out with Tatsi and let her do her thing? Or maybe a long lead that you can hook her up inside that gives her space to go outside, with you watching from inside?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts