Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Like everyone else, I'm totally pissed.

And you ARE an angel.

On to the stools: Great thoughts from everyone - didn't read them all super super carefully so I apologize if someone mentioned this already, but 1 TBSP of Pumpkin (not the pie mix, just pure pumpkin) is great for digestive problems. We found that out when we switched to homecooked diets - which we did specifically because of giardia and hot spots - plus the fact that the whole pet food thing is another area that pisses me off.

Anyway, it was hard to figure the diet out stuff out at first - a lot of yummy experiementation - which lead to some loose stools and another home-cooker suggested the pumpkin and holy poop, it really works.

I also give Slippery Elm when tummies get upset. AND OF COURSE, like every said, it's better to stabilize first and follow the vet's advice .... as long as they aren't transfixed by the marketing ploy - which you can tell by the posters in the office ... okay, minor rant :)

Chester is so lucky to have you - thanks for saving him.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.