Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new to CyberHound, but have been anxiously waiting for my password to activate. I am the Mom of two Bassets. 18 Month old Elmer, a tri-color and 17 month old Button (named for the button on top of his head) who is lemon and white. I was told that the dark red was lemon and white, anyway. Of course, everything in our household is done for the confort and convenience of "the boys" and since their arrival in the Spring of 2005, things have been very busy! :D Elmer is my laid back man, while Button shows more emotion, sleeps less and is more jealous of the Boxer that my husband got in April 2006. Our household can be hectic at times! We live in Virginia on a creek that leads to the beautiful Rappahannock River and Chesapeake Bay. I enjoy Basset Hounds, tennis and boating. I am going to try to send some pictures of my men as soon as I figure that part out! I have thoroughly enjoyed the pics that you all have shared and each day look foward to them. I have many questions that I hope to get input from other members, and hope that I can offer some things as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome and I can't wait to see pictures! They sound adorable and I love their names.

Copper,Patty and Dolly send a big welcome to Button and Elmer.

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome!! I too am anxious to see your boys! You will find this forum is a wonderful place to be!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maggie's Mommy

I loved the pics of yours eating! I could just eat them up! Elmer sometimes sits while eating, but Button (aka Bubby Chub) is way tooooo enthusiastic about his food to sit. He stands and bolts his food no matter what I've tried to slow him down. Elmer is much more dignified and takes a good while to eat, so I feed him last so he isn't pestered while he dawdles. By the way, the coats on your dogs are beautiful. I thought Elmer was glossy until I saw yours.
Elmer will lay out with legs behind him many times a day. Yesterday I got a shot of him with just his hiney sticking out from under the coffee table and legs straight out. Too cute!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Welcome- I'm Wendy from Texas- I have 2 bassets- Samantha and Jake, an elderly Brittany- Abigail... and a naughty little pound puppy named Indy :)

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome! We have a Lab named Cinny who is 5, and the princess of the house. Molly our Basset just turned 4. Needless to say, she is NOT the princess....but the most enjoyable fun loving dog we have ever met!
Looking forward to pictures!

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome, I have a boy with a "button" on his head too. We keep pushing it but nothing happens! I have Bo who is 13, Sabian who is 5 and Pearly who is 4 1/2. Welcome to our site.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, everyone! What a welcome! I am looking forward to time spent on CyberHound. I should be submitting some pics of the boysies soon.

:D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Dudley & Minnie say hello from the upper end of the Chesapeake Bay!

Welcome Elmer & Button! We look forward to hearing of your adventures, as, being Bassets, you must have adventures worth telling on a regular basis. :D

I have a couple of questions.

I may have missed it, but I don't think that Elmer & Button's Mom/"Food Slave" mentioned her name?
Same for dad and Boxer (brother or sister?)

The Food Slaves here are: Paul (me, screen name corvuss), my wife is Jeannie (she doesn't post), and there is a non-food slave cat named KK somewhere in our home!

Have fun here,

Paul

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reply to Corvuss

Yes, I did fail to introduce our family properly. I'm Tracey, and my husband is Mat. Our boxer's name is Captain and he is a ball of energy. Button and Elmer just look at him when he gets hyperactive as if to say "Why are you expending all that energy?" What a strange mix of dogs. But a good one.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Tracey

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bogie says welcome from our corner of the world in South Dakota. You will find this forum a delightful spot with wonderful people who share their love and knowledge of the Basset Hound.
Arooooos from Bogie Carter!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts